Guild of One-Name Studies
One-name studies, Genealogy
Data held by this study includes the following :
- A selection of entries from Parish Registers.
- All entries from the 1992 edition of the IGI.
- Full transcripts of GRO indexes for England and Wales.
- Information from the Probate Calendar.
- Information from Census Returns.
- A selection of entries from Street and Trade Directories.
- Results from a complete search of telephone directories circa 1990-1992 for Austria, Australia, Canada, Channel Islands, Eire, Great Britain, South Africa and United States of America.
- Entries from Passenger Lists.
- Information from other sundry sources.
- Information drawn from a collection of family documentation and artefacts.
The Folker Genealogy One-Name website at http://www.reocities.com/heartland/woods/7208 contains much of the collected data. It also features some family biographies and charts, however, this site does not get updated due to the failure of Geocities. A new site has been started at http://www.folker.org.uk which rapidly being filled with data and which will become the prime source of data.
Detailed profiles and biographies can be found on my Family History Archive website at http://www.14november1940.com/. This site is now the main target of my activity and includes full details of my own branch of the Folker family. It also contains a full list of surnames associated by marriage.
You may find our other Guild websites of interest: