What is a One-Name Study?
Family historians generally focus their efforts on researching their own family trees, collecting and analysing data in order to find as much detail as possible on every branch, twig or tiny leaf. Others compile surname studies, which seek all occurrences, past and present, of a single surname, anywhere in the world.
How to Join
Join us and become part of a worldwide group of enthusiastic one-name researchers. You do not have to register a study name to join.
Guild members benefit from regular seminars, a quarterly journal, an annual conference plus offers and discounts.
About the Guild
The Guild of One-Name Studies is the worldwide centre of excellence in one-name studies and promotes the interests of both the individuals and groups who are engaged in them. Established in 1979 and registered as a charity in 1989, the Guild provides its members with the means to share...
Dates for your diary
- 5 May 2016 – Dorset Regional Meeting
- 7 May 2016 – Committee Meeting
- 14 May 2016 – New Members Seminar
- 14 May 2016 – Family and Local History Fair, Aberystwyth
- 14 May 2016 – Yorkshire Regional Seminar
- 24 May 2016 – Leicestershire & Nottinghamshire Area Meeting: Tuesday May 24th