Guild of One-Name Studies
One-name studies, Genealogy
In 1881 my Great Grandfather James Swadling, who was born in Berkshire in 1851, had moved to the West Midlands and was living with his wife Emily and their children Frank Edward and Ada in Wednesbury, Staffordshire. James and Emily had four more children by the time of the 1901 census, Kate, George Albert, Frederick and Dora Emily and had moved to Birmingham in the county of Warwickshire.
* General Register Office Indexes for Births, Marriages and Deaths from 1837 onwards
* Indexes of Wills and Administrations from 1858 onwards
* U K Census returns from 1841 onwards
* Information from the 1939 register
I am still in the process of collecting the following data:-
* Parish registers for Births, Marriages and Deaths in England
* USA and Canadian census returns
I have very recently added a DNA project to my study.
You may find our other Guild websites of interest: