381 total views, 1 views today
About the study
History of the name
Distribution of the name
Thereafter, the surname Stermenszky, along with trickles of it's variations, extended to the post - WW II sections of Hungary (Romania, Croatia, Slovakia, and Serbia) as well as in the United States. The earliest occurrence of the name that was spotted is in a written record in 1600's in Malarcka, Hungary (now called Malacky in Slovakia).
- Microfilms and Online Digital Images of Parish Records at LDS
- Tax Records, Census records of Hungary (LDS, World Vital, Arcanum)
- SSDI (USA), Naturalization Records, Petitions, Military
- Family Search Records, Ancestry USA Census, Passenger records
- Obituaries, Grave sites, Land Deeds,Transcriptions
- Google Books, School Records, Newspaper Articles
- Hungary, Slovakia Archival Records
- Ellis Island Passenger Records
- Hamburg Passenger Lists
There are Stermenszkys who have DNA studies out there !