3,390 total views, 1 views today
About the study
Distribution of the name
The following data for the name Ringham has been fully indexed:
- IGI (Britain and USA).
- Civil Registration for England and Wales-births, marriages and deaths 1837-2003. These records can now be searched on-line; please note that, whilst every care has been taken with their transcription, complete accuracy cannot be guaranteed and you should always check the original yourself before ordering a certificate.
- Civil probate for England and Wales 1858-1943. Now available for on-line search with the same disclaimer as above.
- UK census for 1841, 1851, 1861, 1871, 1881, 1891, 1901. All households that I have found containing Ringhams have also been fully transcribed.
- US census 1800-1930.
Additional data includes:
- Baptisms, marriages and burials from a large number of parish records (Lincolnshire, Rutland, Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire).
- Transcripts of wills proved in the Consistory Courts of Lincoln and Peterborough 1677-1857.
- Monument list for Lincolnshire, Rutland, Northamptonshire and Huntingdonshire, together with digital images and transcriptions of the monuments.
- 'The Ringham Family' by John C. Norman- contains several substantial family trees.
If you would like a free look-up in any of the above or a digital image of a monument I will be glad to email the relevant material, or supply paper copies for the cost of printing and postage. If you have any Ringham data to share I would be delighted to hear from you.