1,216 total views, 1 views today
About the study
I now collect all Lyford data worldwide.
It's been an absorbing hobby and I've made contact with Lyfords, and their descendants, all around the world.....Australia, New Zealand, America, Canada, Uruguay, Norway etc. However, this material is useless unless it's shared/exchanged with like-minded folk. It's surprising how often I can put far-distant cousins into contact with each other.
As far as I can see the LIFFORD surname is not connected, although there have been a few occasions where spelling vagaries have meant that LYFORDs have been temporarily recorded thus.
Sources include ~
* Birth, Marriage and Death:
* Wills & Administrations: Berkshire (Eng) Wills & Admons 1572-1857 :
* Census : US 1790-1940 ; UK 1841 - 1911; Canada etc
* Parish Registers of baptisms, marriages & burials
* Electoral registers & Poll Books
* Militia & Military
* Migration records
* Newspaper Archives
* Alumni of Schools, Colleges & Universities
* Marriage Licences and Allegations etc.