712 total views, 2 views today
About the study
History of the name
James Lelean and his wife Mary sheltered John Wesley when he visited Mevagissey in 1753, and were presented with his silver buckles in thanks. The buckles are now in the Wesley Museum in City Road, London.
Nicholas Lelean was captured by the French in the Napoleonic wars, and held prisoner for nine years. Some correspondence between himself and his wife survives and is held in the family.
William Arthur Lelean had a very successful career as a railway engineer, and became President of the Institute of Railway Engineers.
Percy Samuel Lelean was an army doctor, who rose to the rank of Major, and wrote a book entitled 'Sanitation in War.'