39th Annual Conference – National Treasures
Cedar Court Hotel, Denby Dale Road, Calder Grove, Wakefield, WF4 3QZ
Friday 23rd March – Sunday 25th March 2018
Preparations for the Guild’s 2018 Conference & AGM are well underway with plans for speakers from the following organisations:
- Borthwick Institute for Archives: Gary Brannan-Access Archivist.
- Ministry of Defence Records Office: Paul Stevenson-Head of Records Assistance.
- National Fairground and Circus Archive :Arantza Barrutia-Wood-Archive Collections Manager.
- National Railway Museum : Alison Kay, Archivist, Angelique Bonamy, Archivist.
- National Science and Media Museum : Kirsty Fife- Curator of Library and Archives.
- The Gazette : Brian Bush-Marketing Manager.
- West Yorkshire Archive Service, West Yorkshire History Centre :David Morris- Archivist.
Stands:-Anticipated from all the above
Yorkshire Group of Family History Societies.
Archives for Yorkshire.
Guild – MWP, Books.
Provisional Main Programme
15:30 – 16:00 Tea Break
Friday 23rd March 2018
|14:00 onwards||Registration. For those who are interested a chance to visit West Yorkshire History Centre.|
|15:00 – 15:30|
|15:30 – 17:00|
|17:00 – 18:00||Guild Help Clinic
An opportunity to have an informal face to face discussion with fellow Guild members about anything associated with One-Name Studies.
Saturday 24th March 2018
|07:30 – 09:00||Breakfast|
|09:00||Annual General Meeting|
|11:00 – 12:00||
The West Riding Registry of Deeds.
David Morris- Archivist. West Yorkshire History Centre.
|12:00 – 13:30||Lunch
|13:30 – 14:30||
Divine Inspiration: Family History and Archbishops’ Registers.
Borthwick Institute for Archives: Gary Brannan-Access Archivist.
|14:30 – 15:30|| Driver, Draughtman, Cleaner, Clerk: Discovering your railway family at the National Railway Museum.
Peter Thorpe and Angélique Bonamy
|16:00 – 17:00|
|19:30||Conference Dinner. After dinner speaker Guild Patron Peter O’Donoghue.|
Sunday 25th March 2018
|07:45 – 09:30||Breakfast|
|08:45 – 09:15||Ecumenical Service|
|09:30 – 10:30||
Eating the Elephant – Records Management and Service Personnel Records in the UK Ministry of Defence.
– Paul Stevenson
|11:00 – 12:00||
Brian Bush, Business Development Manager
|12:00 – 13:30||Lunch|
|13:30 – 14:30|
|15:00 – 16:00|
|16:00 – 16:30|| Conference Close
The venue is the Cedar Court Hotel located at Denby Dale Road, Calder Grove, Wakefield, WF4 3QZ. Free parking is available for those arriving by car. If you can find any free time on the weekend, there is a swimming pool, Hot Spa bath, Turkish Steam room and state-of-the-art gym.
Booking details for the Conference
To book on this Conference, you can use our online booking form¹ in any of three ways:
- Book online and pay online via PayPal or credit card;
- For Guild members, book online and pay by direct bank transfer through your bank, quoting the reference number given on the form (this is the method which represents the least cost to the Guild);
- Fill in the booking form online, then print it and send it through the post with your cheque;
- To pay the balance of your fee follow this link.
Alternatively, you can download our flyer booking form, which can be printed, filled-in, and posted, with a cheque to:
Alan Moorhouse, Guild Conference Booking 2017, Whites, 8 Strachans Close, Stroud, Gloucestershire GL5 3EB.
For further details, contact the conference organiser, or telephone the Guild HelpDesk on 0800 011 2182.
¹Please note, when booking on a conference either by post or online, the Guild’s “Distance Selling” terms and conditions.
3,114 total views, 0 views today