As we welcome the new year, the Guild welcomes a new endeavor – our 2018 Webinar Series. We hope you will join us on the third Tuesday of each month to learn more about surname research, one-name studies, and the 7 Pillars approach to conducting a one-name study. The topics presented (data gathering, mapping, publishing, DNA, social media, continuing education, and preservation) are useful for one-name studies but also can be applied to family history research in general.
Why webinars? In our most recent surveys (both the geographic survey and the USA member survey) you told us you want to learn more about methodology and be able to ask questions or get tips on how others go about their studies. In 2018 we will focus on just that so there should be something for everyone, whether you are new to surname research and one-name studies OR an old hand. We also hope this webinar series will introduce the larger genealogy and family history community to the wonderful world of surname research!
These webinars are free and open to the public – so members and non-members alike are welcome. Non-members will be able to attend the webinar live and/or watch the recording for one week after the webinar broadcast. After that, the recordings will go behind the member pay wall, as a member’s only benefit (with the exception of the first webinar What We Do which will always be available).
We are hosting our webinar series through the GoToWebinar platform. A few quick points to keep in mind
- You MUST register in advance to participate and there are a limited number of spaces
- Each webinar will have a registration link (simply click on it to be taken to the GoToWebinar website)
- Enter your name, email address and possibly a few questions (depending on the presenter or topic) and submit your registration. You will receive a confirmation of your registration by email.
- You will receive reminders before the webinar (usually 1 week before and 1 day before the webinar)
- The confirmation and reminder email will have information on joining the webinar and, if applicable, accessing handout material
- On the day of the webinar, simply click on the link that you received in your invitation to join the webinar
MORE INFORMATION AND A SCHEDULE OF UPCOMING WEBINARS WILL BE POSTED IN THE NEAR FUTURE. STAY TUNED!
****UPDATE: Anyone here at the Guild Website can now use the DropDown Menu – EVENTS and then WEBINAR EVENTS to check out the schedule, topics, and register for our January and February webinars.**** We look forward to seeing you at our webinars.
1,220 total views, 1 views today