What is a One-Name Study?
Family historians generally focus their efforts on researching their own family trees, collecting and analysing data in order to find as much detail as possible on every branch, twig or tiny leaf. Others compile surname studies, which seek all occurrences, past and present, of a single surname, anywhere in the world.
How to Join
Join us and become part of a worldwide group of enthusiastic one-name researchers. You do not have to register a study name to join.
Guild members benefit from regular seminars, a quarterly journal, an annual conference plus offers and discounts.
About the Guild
The Guild of One-Name Studies is the worldwide centre of excellence in one-name studies and promotes the interests of both the individuals and groups who are engaged in them. Established in 1979 and registered as a charity in 1989, the Guild provides its members with the means to share...
Dates for your diary
- 02 Jun 2017 – Marketing (MAT) Meeting
- 03 Jun 2017 – Chesterfield and District FHS Fair
- 03 Jun 2017 – Shropshire FHS Family History Fair 2017
- 08 Jun 2017 – Southern California Genealogical Society Jamboree 2017
- 10 Jun 2017 – Wiltshire FHS Family History Day
- 16 Jun 2017 – Ontario Genealogical Society Annual Conference
- 24 Jun 2017 – Yorkshire Family History Fair
- 01 Jul 2017 – Committee Meeting
- 07 Jul 2017 – Marketing (MAT) Meeting
- 15 Jul 2017 – Catalogues, Collections and ArChives Seminar