What is a One-Name Study?
Family historians generally focus their efforts on researching their own family trees, collecting and analysing data in order to find as much detail as possible on every branch, twig or tiny leaf. Others compile surname studies, which seek all occurrences, past and present, of a single surname, anywhere in the world.
How to Join
Join us and become part of a worldwide group of enthusiastic one-name researchers. You do not have to register a study name to join.
Guild members benefit from regular seminars, a quarterly journal, an annual conference plus offers and discounts.
About the Guild
The Guild of One-Name Studies is the worldwide centre of excellence in one-name studies and promotes the interests of both the individuals and groups who are engaged in them. Established in 1979 and registered as a charity in 1989, the Guild provides its members with the means to share, exchange and publish information...
Dates for your diary
- 28 Jun 2017 – Notts GOONS meeting for June 2017
- 01 Jul 2017 – Committee Meeting
- 07 Jul 2017 – Marketing (MAT) Meeting
- 15 Jul 2017 – Catalogues, Collections and ArChives Seminar
- 25 Jul 2017 – Yorkshire Regional Meeting
- 28 Jul 2017 – International Germanic Genealogy Conference
- 29 Jul 2017 – Bucks FHS Open Day
- 04 Aug 2017 – Marketing (MAT) Meeting
- 18 Aug 2017 – Surname Retreat NSW Australia
- 01 Sep 2017 – Marketing (MAT) Meeting
- 02 Sep 2017 – Committee Meeting