What is a One-Name Study?
Family historians generally focus their efforts on researching their own family trees, collecting and analysing data in order to find as much detail as possible on every branch, twig or tiny leaf. Others compile surname studies, which seek all occurrences, past and present, of a single surname, anywhere in the world.
How to Join
Join us and become part of a worldwide group of enthusiastic one-name researchers. You do not have to register a study name to join.
Guild members benefit from regular seminars, a quarterly journal, an annual conference plus offers and discounts.
About the Guild
The Guild of One-Name Studies is the worldwide centre of excellence in one-name studies and promotes the interests of both the individuals and groups who are engaged in them. Established in 1979 and registered as a charity in 1989, the Guild provides its members with the means to share...
Dates for your diary
- 1 October 2016 – Oxford Family History Society Fair 2016
- 8 October 2016 – Glamorgan FHS Family History Fair
- 8 October 2016 – Joint meeting of Guild of One-Name Studies & Devon FHS (Exeter Group)
- 8 October 2016 – Committee Meeting
- 11 October 2016 – Finding Elusive Ancestors with Michelle Patient
- 20 October 2016 – Dorset Regional Meeting
- 21 October 2016 – Great Canadian Genealogy Summit
- 22 October 2016 – Cambridgeshire Family History Fair
- 22 October 2016 – Regional Meeting held at National Star College, Ullenwood, Near Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- 31 October 2016 – Leicestershire & Nottinghamshire Are Group Meeting