What is a One-Name Study?
Family historians generally focus their efforts on researching their own family trees, collecting and analysing data in order to find as much detail as possible on every branch, twig or tiny leaf. Others compile surname studies, which seek all occurrences, past and present, of a single surname, anywhere in the world.
How to Join
Join us and become part of a worldwide group of enthusiastic one-name researchers. You do not have to register a study name to join.
Guild members benefit from regular seminars, a quarterly journal, an annual conference plus offers and discounts.
About the Guild
The Guild of One-Name Studies is the worldwide centre of excellence in one-name studies and promotes the interests of both the individuals and groups who are engaged in them. Established in 1979 and registered as a charity in 1989, the Guild provides its members with the means to share...
Dates for your diary
- 4 October 2014 – Oxfordshire Family History Fair
- 11 October 2014 – Suffolk Family History Fair
- 11 October 2014 – Glamorgan Family HistoryFair
- 12 October 2014 – Hampshire Genealogical Society Open Day
- 12 October 2014 – North West Group of FHS Family History Fair
- 17 October 2014 – Back To Our Past
- 18 October 2014 – Europe & Australasia Monthly Hangout
- 18 October 2014 – Europe & Americas Monthly Hangout
- 25 October 2014 – Cambridgeshire Family History Fair
- 25 October 2014 – Regional Meeting held at National Star College, Ullenwood