What is a One-Name Study?
Family historians generally focus their efforts on researching their own family trees, collecting and analysing data in order to find as much detail as possible on every branch, twig or tiny leaf. Others compile surname studies, which seek all occurrences, past and present, of a single surname, anywhere in the world.
How to Join
Join us and become part of a worldwide group of enthusiastic one-name researchers. You do not have to register a study name to join.
Guild members benefit from regular seminars, a quarterly journal, an annual conference plus offers and discounts.
About the Guild
The Guild of One-Name Studies is the worldwide centre of excellence in one-name studies and promotes the interests of both the individuals and groups who are engaged in them. Established in 1979 and registered as a charity in 1989, the Guild provides its members with the means to share, exchange and publish information...
Dates for your diary
- 05 May 2018 – The Name Event
- 06 May 2018 – The Name Event
- 12 May 2018 – Trade and Industry Seminar
- 12 May 2018 – Wales Family and Local History Fair
- 15 May 2018 – Sharing The Joy: Getting The Word Out About Your Study (Webinar)
- 19 May 2018 – Roots 2018
- 19 May 2018 – Chesterfield and District FHS Fair
- 02 Jun 2018 – Shropshire FHS Family History Fair 2018
- 09 Jun 2018 – Sheffield Family History Fair
- 16 Jun 2018 – Northumberland & Durham FHS Conference